We are excited to announce the Doctoral Consortium for the EMS 2022 Conference to be held at Universidad Panamericana in Guadalajara, México on September 8, 2022.
The EMS 2022 Doctoral Consortium is a special, invitation-only session of the EMS conference where a select group of nominated DBA students and faculty from EDBAC member DBA programs around the world come together to share details about their dissertation research, receive advice and feedback about their work, and reciprocate to other students. It is also a great networking opportunity, as you will have the chance to interact with other nominated DBA students from top programs around the world.
This year’s Doctoral Consortium will be held both in-person and online the day before the main EMS conference, specifically on Thursday, September 8, 2022 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM CDT. Participants in the doctoral consortium will also be required to register for the main EMS 2022 Conference.
All applicants must be nominated by their executive doctorate programs and, if accepted, are expected to attend all Consortium meetings and activities on Thursday, September 8, 2022 (the day before the start of the main conference). Participation can be either in person or virtually. Submissions to the Doctoral Consortium will consist of a three-page extended abstract of the ongoing dissertation work. Upon acceptance to and participation in the Doctoral Consortium, these abstracts will be included in the conference proceedings. All papers accepted through the Doctoral Consortium will be expected to be turned into posters to be presented in the poster session.
The deadline for applications to the Doctoral Consortium is June 19, 2022. Program directors (or equivalent) should submit, directly to the Doctoral Consortium Chairs, a nomination letter for all students nominated by their program for participation in the Doctoral Consortium. Nominated students should be ranked by order of recommendation.
The process begins with the involvement of an EDBAC academic member, usually the Program Director, according to the following steps:
- Identify up to five of the top students.
- Contact the students with nomination and doctoral consortium information.
- Send an email to the Doctoral Consortium Chair Bart Cambré (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the list of the nominated students no later than June 7, 2022.
- Each of the nominated students submits a three-page extended abstract (see below) to the EMS 2022 Conference submission systems by June 19, 2022.
We are looking forward to an interesting and constructive learning environment for the students!
Instructions for preparing the “Extended Abstract” application
Doctoral students who have already been nominated should complete the extended abstract, according to the following:
The Doctoral Consortium nominee’s research should be in the form of an extended abstract of the student’s current research. The abstract should include:
- A clearly articulated research question.
- Justification for why and to whom the research is important (So What?).
- Brief literature review.
- Presentation of the theoretical basis for the work.
- Research model and hypotheses (if applicable).
- Description of the research design and discussion of the relevance and practical importance of the study for evidence-based management and engaged scholarship.
The abstract should not exceed three single-spaced pages, using one-inch margins and Times New Roman 12-point font. This does not include references, tables, figures, and appendixes.
All submissions must be received no later than June 19, 2022. Please submit your application through this EasyChair submission page.
All submissions from nominated DBA students will be reviewed by the Doctoral Consortium faculty committee to verify that the proposed research is at a sufficient stage of development to benefit from inclusion in the Doctoral Consortium. Since selection is competitive, you are encouraged to seek feedback on your extended abstract from your advisor before the final submission.
If you are selected to participate in the doctoral consortium, you will be asked to create and record up to a 15 minute presentation on your proposed dissertation research and submit that to the conference by August 17, 2022. This will allow others in your break-out group to review all the presentations before the doctoral consortium and be prepared to share feedback and suggestions during the consortium.
Furthermore, all participants are expected to present their findings in the poster session that will be held on Friday, September 9, 2022. Posters will be in the form of a 36-inch (width) by 48-inch (height) poster that will be mounted on poster boards provided for the session. Some helpful hints on creating your poster can be found at https://colinpurrington.com/tips/poster-design/. Universidad Panamericana will provide help on poster printing on request, please contact email@example.com.
- May 1, 2022: Conference registration (early bird) begins and submission portal opens.
- June 19: Submission deadline for regular submission papers, posters, panels, and consortiums.
- July 20: Proposal acceptance notification.
- July 31: Early bird registration ends.
- August 1: Regular conference registration in place.
- August 16: Final camera-ready deadline (one author must be registered for the conference by this deadline).
- September 8-10: EMS 2022 Conference.
For more information contact the Doctoral Consortium Chair Bart Cambré (firstname.lastname@example.org), Antwerp University.
We look forward to receiving your EMS 2022 Doctoral Consortium submissions! If you have any further questions, please email us at: email@example.com